James Swanwick is an Australian-American investor, entrepreneur, speaker, former SportsCenter anchor on ESPN and host of The James Swanwick Show podcast. He is the creator of the 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge, which helps people reduce or quit alcohol; and creator of the blue-blocking glasses – Swannies by Swanwick Sleep, which help improve your sleep and health by filtering out harmful artificial light from digital devices and much more. James has interviewed celebrities including Brad Pitt, Angelia Jolie, George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger. James has also appeared on some popular podcasts such as Bulletproof Radio with Dave Asprey, EOFire with John Lee Dumas and more.
We dive into topics like
- How having to pick up the phone and meet deadlines as a journalist has carried over to his entrepreneurial adventures
- If you are working a traditional job, you may have a salary ceiling being defined by someone else
- What set James off on the entrepreneurial journey
- The birth of the 30 day no alcohol challenge
- How James learned to read a book a day
- When James lost 13 pounds in his first 30 days without alcohol
- The many areas of his life that improved as a result of not having alcohol for 7 years
- The 7 easy tips to social without having alcohol
- James long term vision with the 30 day no alcohol challenge
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.“
– Michael Jordan
Click to Tweet
Connect with James on social media
Subscribe to The Next Level
Like what you heard?
Strike up a conversation here on the blog, leave a comment below with you biggest take home point.
If you like the show, please take a moment to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re super helpful for the ranking of the show and I read every single one of them personally!
AND, remember to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!