In life and in our attempts to be more spiritual we tend to fall into the trap of being too serious. Being more light-hearted and having fun with our pursuit to better oursleves is an essential shift to reducing friction and creating true understanding.
Sure, there are many ways under the sun to overcome life’s challenges, and my guest today has created a sensational brand and video series that brings his uniques sense of humor to a broad scope of paradigms in the personal development space.
His videos and book are just straight up hilarious, and will make you think about your “stuff” in a brand new way… and have a good laugh in the process.
JP Sears is an emotional healing coach, YouTuber, author, international teacher, speaker at events, world traveler, and curious student of life. His work empowers people to live more meaningful lives. JP is the author of “How To Be Ultra Spiritual: 12 1/2 Step to Spiritual Superiority,” (Sounds True Publishing, release date of March 7th, 2017). He is very active with his online videos where he encourages healing and growth through his humorous and entertainingly informative videos, including his hit Ultra Spiritual comedy series, which has accumulated over 100 million views.
Today we’ll unpack JP’s new book and also dive into some key elements to heal emotionally.
In this episode you’ll learn
- Learn where JP found his inspiration for becoming an emotional healing coach.
- His views on the darker side of self-improvement, and how it can ultimately lead to self-rejection.
- Why getting overly serious and self-identified, is usually based on fear, and what that can cost us in our own self-discovery.
- How projection can distract us from getting in touch with our true selves.
- The benefit of asking yourself the question….. “what does this say about me”….?
- The importance of being playful, and not getting overly-offended.
- The important phases we go through as we walk our path of self-discovery.
- Why embracing discomfort will lead to more growth, meaning, and inner fulfillment.
- The beauty of being inspired to discover who you really are.
- JP’s creative process for making his hilarious satirical viral videos.
- JP’s desire for getting to know himself further, and leaning into the mystery of life.
Click to Tweet JP’s quote
Connect with JP on social media
- Pick up JPs Book How to Be Ultra Spiritual
You may also like these episodes
- How to Grow, Reveal, Innovate and Transform with Emotional GRIT with Neeta Bhushan
- Cultivating Self-Love, Finding Happiness, and Training The Bliss Habit with Lori Harder
- Trusting Your Intuition and The Power of Compassion with Lissa Rankin
Subscribe to The Next Level
Like what you heard?
Strike up a conversation here on the blog, leave a comment below with you biggest take home point.
If you like the show, please take a moment to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re super helpful for the ranking of the show and I read every single one of them personally!
AND, remember to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!