I’m constantly on the lookout for new and interesting approaches to health and healing. This medicine is much more traditional, and is starting to make it’s way into the western world. I’m yet to personally experiment with Kambo medicine, and I invited Simon Scott on the show today to chat about this peculiar frog venom.
Simon Scott grew up in England and studied Computer Science to Masters level. He moved to Asia in his mid-twenties to work in Post Production and was there for 5 years, Thailand , Singapore and Hong Kong. After being headhunted to the States to work in a Hollywood design company he won an Emmy for his work and used that as a catalyst to become an American citizen. After a decade of working for leading Hollywood film post-production companies Simon started Mac Guff, and boutique post-production company in Santa Monica CA. For five years Simon and his team produced many award winning TV Commercials for leading brands such as Hummer, Acura, DeBeers and Panasonic. It was during this time that Simon became stressed, overworked and had a hard time dealing with the riggers of running his company.
After much soul-seeking, he decided to leave his career to find something more personally rewarding, something closer to his heart. Simon sought out answers in South America, in Colombia where he worked with Kambo Medicine and also drank the medicinal brew Ayahuasca over 50 times. It was during this period that he realized his deep desires to facilitate healing for others. As this desire grew stronger, people showed up for healing and Simon steadily grew a solid reputation as a practitioner of Kambo. Simon has worked with Kambo now for 7 years and has been proving the Kambo medicine to others for over 5 years.
He has worked with 1000’s of people from all over the world and has a perfect safety record with the Kambo medicine. Simon is the creator of the website KamboCleanse.com, which is an authority on the Kambo medicine and which helps people to research Kambo before deciding to work with it. Simon currently lives in Sedona Arizona where he facilitates Kambo ceremonies.
We dive into topics like
- Simon’s journey to discover Kambo medicine
- Listening to your soul’s calling
- The power of more traditional plant medicines to open the heart
- Ayahuasca and DMT
- The difference between Ayahuasca and Kambo
- The power of Kambo to eliminate emotional toxins from the body
- The traditional uses of plant medicine and Kambo
- Simon’s first experience with Kambo
- Why some of the plant medicines and Kambo are not so readily available here in the West
- Using discernment when it comes to natural medicines
- Why people seek out Kambo medicine
- Paying attention to the natural order of the universe by listening, feeling and knowing
- Starting to partner with life
- Ayurveda, Southwest Herbalism, and other systems Simon has explored and why
- Some closing words on Kambo
Click to Tweet Simon quote
Connect with Simon on social media
You may also like these episodes
- Start with What Makes Sense When Upgrading Your Nutrition with David Wolfe
- HANAH – Ancient Wisdom for Modern Living with Joel Einhorn
- How to Alchemize Pain So The Hurt Goes Away and You Just Have The Lessons with Jesse Elder
Subscribe to The Next Level
Like what you heard?
Strike up a conversation here on the blog, leave a comment below with you biggest take home point.
If you like the show, please take a moment to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re super helpful for the ranking of the show and I read every single one of them personally!
AND, remember to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!