Ideas are a form of currency in today’s world. Now more than ever, you can have an idea that can catch on like wildfire if it strikes the hearts and minds of many.
My guest today writes and speaks on topics centered around building your personal brand and having your ideas, frameworks, and concepts catch on.
Dorie Clark is the author of Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine. A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, she teaches at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, TIME, and Entrepreneur. Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press, Inc., and Fortune, Clark is a marketing strategy consultant and speaker for clients including Google, Microsoft, Yale University, Fidelity, the U.S. State Department, and the World Bank.
We dive into topics like
- What Dorie’s path looked like before Reinventing You and Stand Out
- The two big categories of why people seek Reinvention
- How to navigate moving on to the next thing
- What successful Reinventions look like
- The evolution of the information industry
- How the spread of information happens
- Some of the implications of the speed with which a message can carry
- How to coach your inner critic
- The influence of how we seek love and understanding our behavior
- Receiving advise from the right people
- Finding your breakthrough idea…. Niche down or not?
- Some unconventional ways to have your idea catch on
- Using the right metrics when building a following around your idea
Click to Tweet Dorie’s quote
Connect with Dorie on social media
You may also like these episodes
- The Truth About Youth Entrepreneurship and Business Fundamentals with Scott Gerber
- How to Build Valuable Personal and Professional Relationships with Jason Treu
- Hope, Thinking Big, and Being Ambitious with Greg Rollett
Subscribe to The Next Level
Like what you heard?
Strike up a conversation here on the blog, leave a comment below with you biggest take home point.
If you like the show, please take a moment to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re super helpful for the ranking of the show and I read every single one of them personally!
AND, remember to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!